Wednesday, February 6, 2013

School Daze Part 4

School Daze Parts 1, 2, and 3 are here, here, and here.

It was Friday, so our wait was almost over--we were finally on the verge of registering for kinder on Monday. We had all the paperwork completed. Our letters were mostly done. The medical forms were given to the pediatrician the week before with the understanding we'd pick them up that Monday. Everything was copied and paper clipped in the appropriate stacks. We were as set as you could be.

And then the pediatrician called our home phone mid morning to tell us that Jason's anemia test was not recent enough. (The test missed the cutoff by, get this, one month.) We had to have the blood work done before she'd complete the medical form. The major problem with this was that I didn't get the message until 4 pm Friday afternoon.

Of course by that time, the clinic we had to go to was closed. Saturday blood work was by appointment only.

Of course there were none left for Saturday in the entire county. Yes, I checked!

So much for the best laid plans.

Sigh.

I made an appointment for him to have his blood drawn first thing Monday morning. Then we had to figure out a way to get "proof" that we had the test done to show the pediatrician so she'd complete the paperwork.

Sometimes I can't believe our luck. We already had the drama just to complete the transfer paperwork. Then the pedi had the medical forms for over a week but waited until Friday to tell us Jason needed the blood work. Adding in that we missed the allowed time frame for the test by only a month and the doctor wouldn't fill out the form on good faith even though every other test was done made it worse. Who else does this kind of thing happen to? You have to just laugh at the craziness of it all.

As an aside, the pediatrician was happy to tell us we could go ahead and take the paperwork for Shawn, though. You know, because only registering one of my twins made a lot of sense.

~~~

The end of the story is tomorrow. :)

1 comment:

Amber said...

So did the pediatrician sign the paperwork? Or do I have to wait till tomorrow? Lol it sounds pretty stressful. He/she probably didn't even look at the paperwork till Friday. Nothing like waiting until the last minute!! At least you didn't arrive on Monday to pick it up, only to be told then.

 
Blog Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2011)